Sunday, April 29, 2012


Carving a Standing Viking with separate Sword and Shield

This class is a two day class, the weekend of May 19-20/ 2012, 9:00am to 5:00 pm. The class will be held in the basement of the Forest Lake Senior Center. This will be an intermediate + class. This call will be held at the Forest Lake Senior Center located at: 767 SW 4th St.

The figure is about 8.5” tall and will have separate sword and shield for us to carve.

The class will cost $65.00 plus the cost of the cut out. (approx. $10)

This would be an interesting time for carving a Scandinavian Viking figure since this would fall around the time of the Norwegian Independence day - Syttende Mai.

Artist Bio
My name is Russell Scott and I am a woodcarving/sculpture artist from Saint Paul, Minnesota. In 1999 I took my first woodcarving class through a community education program. It was an intensive eight weeks of carving a different piece using a different type of wood each week. I loved it and have been carving ever since.
With that, I have been enjoying the process of creating new and interesting characters. My aim is to tell a story with each piece that I carve.
I have taught several wood carving classes ranging from absolute beginning wood carving to interesting characters for the intermediate carvers. I have produced wood carving instruction videos and books and uploaded many videos on YouTube.com. I see my future in continuing creating new wood carvings and teaching.
Contact Esther Allen at: rja9@usfamily.net
See my sites at:
www.youtube.com/scottcarvings

No comments:

Post a Comment