Wednesday, July 14, 2010


I have taken a lot of carving classes with some excellent carving teachers. While they were important in helping me to learn different techniques it is enjoyable to get out of someone else's shadow to create carvings of my own. Nothing wrong with other carvers' patterns, some are fun to carve. But I believe that the creativity process is even more fun when you create a grand original wood carving. Stretch out, look around, and you will come up with ideas for a new carving. I carve human figures so I find ideas by observing people's faces, watching how they stand or walk, browsing through the Internet, looking at cartoons, magazines or newspapers. Use the techniques you learned carving from other patterns; they will help you to finish a creation of which you will be proud.


To see more of my carvings, go to www.scottcarvings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment