Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas is upon us


Christmas is around the corner, and Santa Claus is everywhere. I have fun demonstrating my skills at wood carving at Hanson Tree Farm in Anoka, Minnesota where people come in the warming house after chopping down their Christmas tree and watch me carve. The farm has a ‘Norman Rockwell’ ambiance about it. The warming house is a building that the owners use to store their heavy equipment. It has been turned into a little boutique of Christmas art shop. Christmas music is playing while customers can have hot chocolate, hot tea and Christmas sausage while I discuss the fun of carving Santa figures and ornaments I find it satisfying to see people looking and my carvings and say how they help make their Christmas tree experience brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment